|Date: On demand/Soon|
|Duration: 8 hours|
|Place: Mobile Academy HQ|
|Snacks, coffee, fun|
|Lunch is not included|
Product Management skills are critical in any product team, in startups or big companies.
This workshop synthesizes the essentials of the topic, with hands-on exercises and case studies.
- Role of a Product Manager;
- Product life cycle;
- Product development flow;
- Canvases & hypotheses;
- Lots of useful tools: Pirate metrics, Vanity vs. Actionable metrics, Kano model, Hooked model, Jobs to be done, Feature audit, Microinteractions.
- Identifying product examples in different stages of the BCG Matrix;
- Coming up with a new feature for a product;
- Listing hypotheses and choosing experiments for a new product;
- Interactive product roadmap simulation.
- Product Owners
- Jr. Product Managers
- Business Analysts
- Startup teams
- Product Marketing Managers
- Project Managers
- UX Designers
- Customer-facing Developers
- Overview of product lifecycle
- Critical moments in product development: Problem/Solution Fit and Product/Market Fit
- Building hypotheses and testing them
- Decision making in the product team; Prioritization methods
- Specifics of product management for mobile apps
10:00 – 10:30 Welcome and introductions
10:30 – 11:30 Product lifecycle 101: overview and case studies
11:30 – 11:45 Break
11:45 – 13:00 Lean Canvas, Opportunity Assessment
13:00 – 14:00 Lunch break
14:00 – 15:00 Using hypotheses: overview and hands-on exercise
15:00 – 15:30 Decision making 101: Prioritization techniques, Intro to product roadmaps
15:30 – 15:45 Break
15:45 – 17:00 Roadmap planning simulation
17:00 – 17:30 Key takeaways and next steps
Having previous experience developing products is a plus but it’s not mandatory.
It’s recommended to read this article.
Yes, it’s recommended to bring your laptop and smartphone.